26 janeiro 2007

avalanche - Leonard Cohen

Well I stepped into an avalanche,
It covered up my soul;
When I am not this hunchback that you see,
I sleep beneath the golden hill.
You who wish to conquer pain,
You must learn, learn to serve me well.

I pray to learn how to serve YOU well

You strike my side by accident
As you go down for your gold.
The cripple here that you clothe and feed
Is neither starved nor cold;
He does not ask for your company,
Not at the centre, the centre of the world.

I know I entered YOUR life by incidente, but I also know that was my destiny...

When I am on a pedestal,
You did not raise me there.
Your laws do not compel me
To kneel grotesque and bare.
I myself am the pedestal
For this ugly hump at which you stare.

yes, I know... and I adore YOU but at this moment YOU seem to me so intouchable... so far away from me...

You who wish to conquer pain,
You must learn what makes me kind;
The crumbs of love that you offer me,
Theyre the crumbs Ive left behind.
Your pain is no credential here,
Its just the shadow, shadow of my wound.

I know I'm not perfect, Sir, please help me...

I have begun to long for you,
I who have no greed;
I have begun to ask for you,
I who have no need.
You say youve gone away from me,
But I can feel you when you breathe.

I know YOU know everything about me... and this is my joker in the pack... because YOU know about my dedication, love and submission

Do not dress in those rags for me,
I know you are not poor;
You dont love me quite so fiercely now
When you know that you are not sure,
It is your turn, beloved,
It is your flesh that I wear.

You can wear everything in me... if YOU want to...

Avalanche - Leonard Cohen (in red)
maria de Sir Stephen - in white